This guest post was contributed by Emily Elliot of TheSquareFoot, a NYC-based real estate broker that’s helped companies like Casper and Instacart find offices. Since they’re experts in connecting people with the right work space, we asked TheSquareFoot team to recommend some of the best spots in New York where a traveler can stay productive while on the road.
As the most visited city in the United States, it’s clear that New York can be an amazing place to vacation. However, traveling to NYC on business presents a different experience, and it can be difficult to stay productive and on task in the midst of all the activity and noise.
Here are a few places we’ve found, from coffee shops to hotel lobbies, with trusty WiFi and great settings conducive to productivity so you can stay focused while visiting NYC for business.
Coffee Shops and Restaurants
- 12 Corners Coffee - It’s a must to take advantage of the great coffee shops and cafes in NYC. 12 Corners is an ideal place to work, with fast WiFi and comfortable booths where you can spread out. Grab a latte and settle in for a few hours if you’re on the Lower East Side or in Little Italy. 155 East Broadway, New York, NY, 10002 and 121 Mott Street, New York, NY, 10013.
- Nam Nam - If coffee isn’t your thing and you’re in need of a quick lunch while you work, try Nam Nam just over the bridge in Williamsburg. The friendly owners of this tiny Vietnamese restaurant doesn’t mind if you set up shop there for the afternoon, and the sandwiches are to die for. 109 Montrose Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11206.
- Yotel - Yotel is a hotel in Chelsea with a futuristic feel. Head past the self check-in screens and up to the fourth floor, which has the hotel’s restaurant, terrace, lounge, and main lobby area. The WiFi is both free and fast - the perfect combination. 570 10th Ave, New York, NY, 10036.
- Indigo Chelsea - Besides being centrally located in Chelsea, Indigo offers an incredibly conducive work environment. The lobby hosts not only free WiFi, but also printers and scanners. 127 W 28th St, New York, NY, 10001.
- Deskcamping - If you’re looking for a desk of your own for the day, head over to Deskcamping to find desks in your area being rented out for the day, week, or month. Rates start at $25 a day and are located all around Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens.
- Breather - If you need an office setting that’s more than a desk, check out Breather. Breather allows you to rent out a beautifully decorated, private room for any length of time, whether that's a short 30 min recharge or an entire day. They also have locations all around the city so you can work anywhere.
Emily Elliott is the content marketing manager for TheSquareFoot, the technology-fueled commercial real estate brokerage. Get your office the space it deserves.