Yesterday Rocketrip was thrilled to announce that our customers have saved more than $1 million on business travel to date. In fact, they’ve saved a quite a bit more: the last time we checked the savings-meter here at Rocketrip HQ it read $1,323,697.
That kind of money doesn’t just go saving itself. It’s a result of employees going above and beyond to help their companies cut down on high travel costs. We’d like to thank all the Rocketrippers who did all the things - from finding a cheaper flight, to staying with friends, or booking a trip far in advance - that add up to major savings.
At Rocketrip, we have nothing against spending money on business travel per se. It’s just that we recognize every dollar spent on flights and hotels could be put to another use. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of a few alternate ways to spend $1,323,697.
With the money they've saved on business trips, Rocketrip customers could purchase:
- 2,884 roundtrip flights from New York to San Francisco.
- 481,334 rides on the New York subway.
- 178 years of unlimited train travel using a Eurorail pass.
- 72 Honda Civic LX sedans.
- 16,756 Razor scooters.
- 27,014 pairs of roller skates.
- 2,942 Blade helicopter rides from New York City to the Hamptons.
- 3,043 pogo sticks.
- A horse-drawn carriage ride in Central Park that lasts for 236 days.
If Rockterip customers are more inclined to stay in one spot after saving on their business trips, they've got a lot of options on how to spend all that cash, including:
- A 745 square foot,1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment within walking distance of Rocektrip HQ in Manhattan - one the most expensive housing markets in the country.
- A 7,000 square foot, 5 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom house in Fort Wayne, Indiana - one of the least expensive housing markets in the country, though one that is not within walking distance of Rocketrip HQ.
- 2,225 nights at the Plaza Hotel.
- 45,550 one-person pup tents.
Saving over $1.3 million works up an appetitie. Rocketrip customers could refuel with:
- 330,924 Big Macs.
- 4,487 dinners at the French Laundry in Napa Valley.
- 297,460 Starbucks Grande caramel macchiatos.
- 34,834 passes to the Bellagio Buffett, entitling the holder to all the food they can eat - a potential infinity of food.
- 6,244 15-pound wheels of Gruyere cheese.&
- A 101,823 year subscription to Cat Fancy magazine.
Whatever the savings go to, we're happy to have had a part in generating them. Here's to many millions more!